Here we GEAUX...our first blog update from Jane's family

Jane and her family have had many family members and friends provide support and offer prayers for Jane during Jane's present battle with cancer that has reoccurred after ten years of living cancer free.  The family sincerely appreciates the prayers and support during this difficult time.

At this point, Jane's treatment regime is expected to be as follows at MD Anderson's Center for Targeted  Therapy.  Jane is presently scheduled to have three separate 21 day cycles of chemotherapy combined with an experimental biological agent at M D Anderson Cancer Hospital starting on Friday, November 4, 2011.  Jane did not have either drug ten years ago hence the drugs' effects on Jane or her cancer are not entirely clear.  The first 21 day cycle ends right before Thanksgiving and is not expected to be too hard on Jane. As Jane progresses through each cycle, the family expects to have a better understanding of the drugs' effects and correspondingly what the families' needs will be from time to time.  The last cycle ends around early January at which time MD Anderson will assess the effectiveness of this clinical trial.

During this time, many of you have offered to assist Jane's family, which is greatly appreciated, for carpools, meals, errands, whatever, etc. At this time, four of Jane's friends have agreed to act as coordinators and will compile a list of available persons who are ready to help out.  These friends will organize resources, to the extent needed, and, again, the family sincerely appreciates all the assistance and support.  The timing and needs for assistance will greatly depend on Jane's progression during the clinical trials.  Do not worry, the family will not be bashful about requesting assistance.  If you wish to assist, please post in the comment section in the blog your willingness to assist and one of Jane's friends will contact you.
As you can imagine, during this time Jane will need to conserve her energy to be strong and fight hard.  The family requests that we respect their privacy and family time and rely on this blog for information about Jane's treatment.  We will keep you updated so everyone can continue to pray for Jane's full recovery.

Servant of God Don Alvaro, Intercede For Jane!

12 comments:

  1. I would like to assist the family in any way I can do. Maybe a meal or errands. Please let me know.
    Rita Chemaly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know what I can do. Like to assist.
    Eileen McKay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quinn, Jane, Quinn, Harland and Andrew.
    If there is anything you need day or night call me. Love, Christy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Eileen and Rita,

    Could you please send your contact information to candlesforjane@gmail.com? We're putting together a list of those offering to help. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jane,

    We are all praying here and I have my mom's prayer chain praying for you and your family. Carly said you looked very pretty and happy yesterday. Keep up the good work. I will let Nancy know we are ready to help in any way.
    Teri Kelley

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to help in any way...errands, carpool or food. Jane, I am praying for you continually. Maike George

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful way to keep those of us who love Jane, informed about her progress. Please call on me or Darby for any help at all--meals, errands, carpools. Prayers, of course, are continuous. My e-mail address is judy.sere@gmail.com and my cell is 713-248-5351.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am happy to help in any way. I am cooking our family's Thanksgiving meal and would be happy to cook an additional one for the family and deliver it warm that day since I live very close. Please call on me as needed. Prayers for each of you continue. Colleen Akers

    ReplyDelete
  9. John and I are praying for you for strength and peace during your treatment and will keep in touch through this wonderful blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jane., we are praying for God to heal you! Keep up the fight. Amy Adger Pizzolato

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for doing this blog - I just met Jane at MDA when we were both getting CT scans and her energy was contagious and wonderful! I would love to help in any way and will of course put her on my church and school prayer list as well. My cell is 832-607-8848 and email alexandraknight@mac.com
    Thank you for being such supportive and wonderful friends!
    Alexandra Knight

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jane,
    You and your family are in our prayers. You sent a prayer to me when Trace was in the hospital that is still on my refrigerator. I think of you every time I read it.
    I would love to send dinner or run errands (grocery store or whatever). My email is below for whoever is organizing.
    Love,
    Kim Miller
    kim@leisurelife.com

    ReplyDelete