After updating the blog on Friday, we talked further with Jane's team of M D Anderson doctors who are deeply concerned about the state of Jane's kidneys. A review of the test results indicate the right kidney is functioning well below what the doctors expected. Both kidneys need to be functioning well for Jane to proceed to the next round of chemotherapy. The doctors want to perform an operation in the next week or so to improve both kidneys' functions. Therefore, the chemotherapy session scheduled for this weekend has been postponed until after the operation is performed.
We are still processing this unexpected turn of events and want everyone to know we appreciate their concern and prayers. Jane has a strong fighting spirit, and we will get through the next step of this journey. We will let you know when Jane's operation is scheduled.